How to make a program static (for bug regression)?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Thu Nov 11 19:42:12 UTC 2010

I would like to compile pan(1) with completely static libraries
so I can tell if the breakage I've reported is from some library
that got hosed in an update vs. something in the kernel itself.

Adding -static results in 52 undefined libraries.  The first one
I looked for didn't have a static version available.

Is there a reasonable way to get a statically linked version without
having to compile 52 libraries from source?

--
Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R     caf at omen.com   www.omen.com