New tester looking for a mentor

Chen Gang-Cuble fouryu at sina.com.cn
Tue Nov 23 14:54:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 21:22 +0800, xuan.ai wrote:
> hi gang:
>
> I'm new here and i'm looking for a mentor, please see my information
> below.
>
> Name: xuan.ai
> Time Zone / Country: UTC+8/China
> Skills:
> - Knowlegde of bash shell scripts
> - Knowlegde of the C programming language
> - Knowlegde of software testing
> Experince:
> - used work for a game studio as a full time tester, test experince
> include:
> - In-game test, walkthrough and report bugs.
> - Localization test, focus on the text translation
> - ETR(Expected Technical Requirement) compliance test, which mainly
> about game installer/uninstaller behavior.
> - Data warehouse tool test(based on MySQL).
>
> Why i'm joining:
> - i like linux and i'm trying to start a linux career, i'm looking for a
> community project for a period, after read the material of Fedora
> project i think this test project is a good start for me.
>
> What i'm looking to do (be specific):
> - i'm ready for both system test and application test, just like i
> mentioned in the title, i can use a mentor's help to start the vital
> steps.
>
> How much time you can contribute (usually hours per week):
> - About 5 to 10 hours a week.
>
> More infor:
> Since i quit my testing job a few month ago, i was taking a linux
> developer's training (the courses includ the C programming language,
> data structure, socket programming, etc.),  now i'm trying to start a
> linux career.
>
> As English is not my first language, if there's any expression in my
> mail confused your, just inform me.
>

> regards,
>
> xuan.ai
> mail: snake.a.x at gmail.com

Excuse me? Is this mail to me?
Anyway, nice to meat you here Xuan Ai. I'm new too:). I think you can
join the Chinese mail group too, as we can use Chinese in that mail
list. However, I applied for join the Chinese mail list two days ago,
but it has not passed yet:(. I think Chinese mail list's owner is
sleeping somewhere:)
In my opinion, if you don't have assigned task here, you don't need to
commit work hour here:), do anything you like. You can try different
features in fedora and you can read documents you are interesting in.
Report bugs if you like, you'd better to apply for a bugzilla account in
case you want to report bugs.
If you are interesting in coding, you can join a project you like.
Someone signatured as JBG told me that a project named AutoQA is finding
resource. I'm studying it, I think I will join it when I'm ready.

Have fun!

Br,
Chen Gang