Fedora 14 NTP and SELinux

Bob Cochran bcochran13 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 30 21:38:40 UTC 2010

I had this problem as well, on the x86_64 arch, for one of the late
alpha or early beta builds. I did the install on a brand new hard drive.
A few weeks elapsed, and I downloaded the release version of 14 -- the
x86_64 DVD iso. I've just installed from this as a URL installation
using the same hard drive that had the earlier build. I did an "use all
space" installation and because I like encrypting my systems for added
privacy, I had to supply the passphrase for the earlier build.

I can't remember whether the problem Rahul documents then happened to me
on the release installation. During the install process I specified
using the Fedora and Fedora updates repositories. So I got the latest
versions of (everything that was updated) at install time.

Bob Cochran