[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Beta RC3 Available Now!

Jon Hermansen jon.hermansen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 19:51:11 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 2, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:

> Seems telnet installs are again broken. I've filed bug 639629 Submitted
> - Installation over telnet isn't working

James Laska recently mentioned that "the ability to telnet into the
installer and direct the installation from the telnet session has been
removed" -- see this ticket: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/129

> This has happened more than once in the past. It would be REALLY REALLY
> nice if this functionality could be among the things verified before new
> distribution releases. Since it does keep coming up, shouldn't telnet
> install be on some checklist?

AFAIK it _was_ on some list of installer test cases, but isn't supported
anymore. It's probably recommended that you use SSH instead.