What is the current F14 state?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 14:03:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 15:28 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> 2010/10/4 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
> > On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 13:10 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:

> >> I noticed a problem with preupgrade-cli. I rebooted system, preupgrade
> >> updated it, but then the system does not respond to ping - I turned
> >> off it by pressing power button. I connected box to the TV to see what
> >> happens, but the system started correctly. Strange. Do physical access
> >> to the machine is required when using preupgrade?
> >>
> >> Apart from that it seems that everything went well.
> >
> > Should not be required, but hard to say without more details.  I suspect
> > it the installer stopped and was prompting you for some information
> > (perhaps language or keymap)?  Do you have access to the installer logs
> > from the preupgrade attempt?
>
> Yes, I've got some logs from installation. I can post it - it's about 226 kb.

I wouldn't mind seeing the logs (fpaste.org).  Can you
paste /root/upgrade.log, /root/install.log and /var/log/anaconda.log?

> > Alternatively, as Bruno points out, you may have been a victim of the
> > glibc issue.
>
> Hmmm, but system booted fine later.

Did the install ever complete?  Or did you force reboot it before it
ever started/completed?  When preupgrade reboots into the installer, it
sets up a boot-next grub target which will boot into the installer
*only* for the next reboot.  If you reboot multiple times before
starting the installer, it will boot back into your previously defined
default boot target.

Thanks,
James