F12 critical path testing

John Watzke watzkej at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 03:54:11 UTC 2010

> Having automated tests or even test plans would be useful for any package.
> But critical path packages are perhaps more worth doing this for. Maybe
> QA can slowly work through the list working with the package owners
> to try to develop reasonable tests.

   Yes, it would be great if critical path packages had some sort of test
information, test script or test data.  It would be incredibly hard for me
to test most of the F12 critical path packages otherwise.  While I can run
F12 under a VM, I don't actively use it so being able to target the problem
area and test it would make things easier.  F13 packages are somewhat easier
since that's my main working machine although there are critical path
packages that do come up that I have no idea how to test.  Having some sort
of information on how to test a package would definitely get more eyes on a
critpath package.

   I'm relatively new to proventesters.  I know I can see unapproved
critpath packages on Bodhi but is there a master list of all critpath
packages in Fedora?  That would help us in tracking down who to work with in
hopefully getting this important test information.

   -- John Watzke