Release criteria proposal: release notes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 23:07:17 UTC 2010

> On 10/18/2010 09:58 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Proposed Final release criterion:
> >
> > The final release notes from the Documentation team must be present in
> > the release repository in packaged form
>
> We need the same for final versions of artwork ( may cover fedora-logos,
> <releasename>-backgrounds, maybe more? ),

Already covered, we added artwork criteria earlier this cycle.

> final version of
> spin-kickstarts package

I don't think this *in itself* is a criteria issue, in that whatever the
final spin-kickstarts package turns out to be is fairly arbitrary,
right? There aren't specific requirements for the package itself as
there are for the release-notes and fedora-release packages, AFAIK,
there isn't some specific switch in the package that has to be flipped
to 'release' state. So I think it's better to stick with the desktop
criteria here - any need to change spin-kickstarts should stem from a
breakage of the desktop criteria.

> , and the final version of fedora-release.

agreed, proposed criterion:

A fedora-release package and a generic-release package appropriately
versioned and containing the correct names and information for a final
Fedora release (as opposed to a pre-release) must be present in the
release repository.