safely remove drive

cornel panceac cpanceac at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:39:45 UTC 2010

> In gnome you have to wait until icon disappears from desktop or
> nautilus. Then you can remove the device. This is pretty good
> indication...
>
> Adam Pribyl

where is that documented? how is a (new) user suppose to know this is the
expected behaviour?
and: if the user has around 50 icons on desktop, wouldn't it be easier if a
popup gives him the required info?

and for the rest of us, how do we know the sync really completed and the
icon didn't just dissapeared for various reasons? (dbus error comes to mind,
first)

i don't think is right to have a big popup if a firefox download completes
(and for other things), but no popup (or other obvious info) if the
removable storage can be safely removed ...

as i said, just my opinion.