Questions about Fusion Linux

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 19:00:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 18:21:56 +0000, Jóhann wrote:

> You can just imagine the time and resources spent in vain if maintainer,
> triager and testers have used hunting down a bug, trying to duplicated
> with the bits we ship only to find out later that the individual is
> running Fedora derivative or even another distro with mix of bits and
> tweaks we have no idea about...
>
> I for one am not willing to waste my time chasing down Fedora derivative
> or other distro's bugs (#588930)

In the opposite direction it doesn't work well either.
ABRT submits crash reports in Fedora's bugzilla even if 3rd party add-ons
are the culprit. All the Fedora packager can do is to set CLOSED/CANTFIX
with a request to submit a bug report in a 3rd party bug tracker. And if
that isn't done (which happens regularly IMO), 3rd party packagers would
need to hunt down such reports in Fedora's bugzilla.