Questions about Fusion Linux

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 16:30:59 UTC 2010

On 10/20/2010 02:12 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Adam Williamson<awilliam at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 11:29 -0400, TK009 wrote:
>>> I got an email this morning from the Fusion Linux group. In it, the
>>> group lead suggested this to one of his users -
>>>
>>> "Fusion 14 betais based on Fedora 14 which isn't released yet so there
>>> could be number of bugs that haven't been fixed yet. I suggest you
>>> report the bug via fedora bugtracker and just say that you are using
>>> Fedora 14."
>>>
>>> Do we now support Fusion Linux as well? Is it correct for them to use bugzilla?
>> Fusion is mostly a remix with some non-approved packages added, so if
>> the bug is a straightforward bug in a package which is taken directly
>> from Fedora, it would seem to make most sense to log a report in Fedora
>> bugzilla, yeah. Same way we often direct people upstream to freedesktop,
>> GNOME or KDE bug trackers.
> I'm the maintained of Fusion Linux and my common sense is that we will
> try to help with any bugs that users ask us about and try our best to
> fix them. If we think it is issue that we also share with Fedora we
> will encourage Fusion Linux users to report bug to Fedora bugzilla.

Yes that was pretty obvious and lie to everbody in the process " just
say that you are using Fedora 14." which helps no one..

You should let your user base report directly in you own bugzilla or
better yet directly upstream.

The last thing we need is a flood in our forums channels mailing list
and what not with stuff like whether NVIDIA driver works or not and what
else proprietary stuff you have chosen to ship.

JBG