QA:Testcase_desktop_updates

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 13:50:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-10-26 at 07:56 -0400, Kamil Paral wrote:
> I tried to do this test case:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_desktop_updates
>
> The funny thing is - with F14 Final RC1 there are no updates in the
> 'updates' repository. So I can't really test neither notifications nor
> the actual upgrade process. Neither can I downgrade some package.
>
> I can enable 'updates-testing', but it's not the default setting and
> also it means that I touched something (and I would like to see that
> it works even without me touching anything).
>
> But nothing else comes to my mind. Any better ideas how to test this
> test case?

Downgrade an already installed package?  One thing I've done in the past
is to use rpmfluff to force installing a downlevel package.  For
example ... I like to pick on gcalctool.

From my test repo (http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/repotest/fc14) , you
can install a downlevel gcalctool.  I'd love to create a python script
that would generate packages and repodata for different $releasever, but
I've not managed to complete that script [1] yet.  Suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
James

[1] http://jlaska.fedorapeople.org/repotest/mkpkgs.py