Printing to PCL printers.

Maximi89 maximi89 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 01:33:11 UTC 2010

2010/9/12 Lawrence E Graves <lgraves at risingstarmbc.com>

> On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 06:42 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 04:25:17AM -0600, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> > > I am not able to print to my Brothers MFC-495CW.  It installs but will
> > > not print.  However, the scanner works.
> > >

> > Is that a PCL?  I see that Brothers does provide Linux drivers for that
> > printer.
> >
> > http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html
> >
> > (My own Brothers experience, completely irrelevant here, is that my
> > HL2170W works in Fedora with the Cups drivers, but in CentOS, I did have
> > to use the Brother drivers.)
> >
> > --
> > Scott Robbins
> > PGP keyID EB3467D6
> > ( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )
> > gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys EB3467D6
> >
> > Oz: We survived.
> > Buffy: Yeah, it was some battle.
> > Oz: I meant high school.
> >
> I have all drivers and have it installed, however it will not print.  It
> tries, but nothing happens and there is nothing in my qu that suggest it
> ever printed anything. It is connecting or I would not be able to scan.
> I don't get an error message so I have nothing to show the problem.

Same problem here, when i send a file to the printer, the printer try to
print like half second and then stop, but the file appears like printed...
in my case my printer is a HP P1005, using FOO2XQX driver, who uses
ghostscript, but ghostscript have a problem with "Fontmap.local" using gs
-dNOFONTMAP, gs continues... but that is not the idea...

> --
> Lawrence E Graves <lgraves at risingstarmbc.com>
>
> --

Maximiliano Augusto Castañón Araneda