heads-up: upstart reversion coming soon

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 22:44:49 UTC 2010

Vaclav Misek wrote:

> I had only minor problems with systemd and I'd like to keep it.

I had no problems that come to mind and I'd like to keep it.

Please explain explicitly how consumers can continue to use it, rather than
regressing: grub kernel parameters, other required settings to maintain
systemd, compatibility packages to install, etc.

I use systemctl in some scripts to start/stop services and do not want to
revert to service, chkconfig, etc. How do I keep my scripts without regressing
them?