What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Sep 15 20:45:56 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 01:51:06PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:21:40AM -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> > You're sure this isn't going to f--k my perfectly running system (yes, I
> > do have f13 installed on a different partition, but I would not be happy
> > with that and would want at least f14, if rawhide screws up).
>
> Am I *sure*? No promises! But I've done it several times without issue.

Well, a rawhide update of systemd from today (to 10-2.fc15) fails to
bring up networking and has very long timeouts on other failed units.
Makes for quite a wait until you will get something.

> And sometimes with moderate but fixable issues.

In that particular case you either can boot with init=/sbin/upstart
or downgrade to systemd-9-3.fc15.

    Michal