What do consumers wishing to use systemd in F14 need to do?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 10:10:27 UTC 2010

  On 09/16/2010 09:39 AM, Dennis J. wrote:
> On 09/16/2010 12:23 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> Lennart may very well choose to delay systemd until F16 since the window
>> of opportunity of having the necessary community resources dedicated to
>> systemd has passed .
> Wow. In one moment systemd is ready to be included as a critical component
> shortly before a release and in the next it is in such bad shape that it
> needs to be worked on for a whole year before it can get included?
> If what you say is really the case than I guess it was actually a good
> decision to not use systemd in Fedora 14.

?

Systemd is in good shape actually better than some other stuff we have
shipped.

It got rejected because apparently it lacks documentation ( which was
being looked at ) and hypothetical bugs scenario ( which you cant deal
with until you actually encounter the bugs ).

So I dont see what you are getting at in this response.

Next development cycle ( F15 ) most resource will most likely be
dedicated to Gnome3.

It's a question about how smart it is to ship and introduce both systemd
and Gnome3 to our end user base at the same time is, not that systemd is
in somekind of bad shape or not ( which it's not ).

JBG