nss in updates-testing - more problems

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Sep 16 14:24:30 UTC 2010

On 09/16/2010 09:48 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> So, you should not have installed nss-tools.i686 manually.

 Ah - but yum update did not work without installing it. I imagine when
I added the i686 libs - I did not do it right ...

 I could find no clean way to make the box multiarch aside from adding
missing libs that the 32 bit apps called for ..

 Is there a correct way to install all i686 libs for which I have x86_64
? Something like yum --multiarch=i686 install-libs.

  There must be a proper way to make a box multi-arch - it was not an
option during install as far as I could tell.

 What do you recommend I do now to clean up - Heres what I have
installed (those whose names start with nss):

nss.i686          3.12.7-6.fc13		@updates-testing
nss.x86_64        3.12.7-6.fc13		@updates-testing
nss-devel.x86_64  3.12.7-6.fc13		@updates-testing
nss-softokn.i686  3.12.7-6.fc13         @updates-testing
nss-softokn.x86_64  3.12.7-6.fc13       @updates-testing
nss-softokn-devel.x86_64 3.12.7-6.fc13  @updates-testing
nss-softokn-freebl.i686 3.12.7-6.fc13   @updates-testing
nss-softokn-freebl.x86_64 3.12.7-6.fc13 @updates-testing
nss-sysinit.x86_64  3.12.7-6.fc13       @updates-testing
nss-tools.i686      3.12.7-6.fc13        installed
nss-tools.x86_64    3.12.7-6.fc13       @updates-testing
nss-util.i686       3.12.7-2.fc13       @updates-testing
nss-util.x86_64     3.12.7-2.fc13       @updates-testing
nss-util-devel.x86_64 3.12.7-2.fc13     @updates-testing
nss_compat_ossl.x86_64  0.9.6-1.fc13
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005291454.x86_64/20100529
nss_db.x86_64        2.2.3-0.3.pre1.fc13
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005291454.x86_64/20100529
nss_ldap.x86_64     264-10.fc13         @updates-testing

Thanks so much for your help.

 gene/