Anybody else notice that mini commander applet is missing / behaving weirdly?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Sun Sep 19 00:13:31 UTC 2010

 I'm using F14.

I use the mini commander applet, which you get by selecting "Command
Line" in the "Add to Panel" list.

I just noticed that it's missing from my panel and
/usr/libexec/mini_commander_applet isn't running.

When I run it by hand, the applet suddenly shows up in my panel. When I
then right-click on it and select "Remove from Panel",
/usr/libexec/mini_commander/applet exits. When I run it again, it
doesn't exist, but the applet doesn't appear in my panel (which makes
sense, since I removed it). When I then go to "Add to Panel" and select
"Command Line" again, it comes back.

There are no errors about mini_commander_applet in my .xsession-errors file.

All this suggests to me that for some reason it isn't being started
properly when I log in.

Anybody else seeing this?

  jik