Why is inkscape-0.48.0-1.fc14.1.i686 started with German UI?

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Tue Sep 21 10:10:01 UTC 2010

On 09/21/2010 10:05 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 07:43:18 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
>
>> My locale:
>>
>> LANG=en_US.utf8
>> LC_CTYPE="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_NUMERIC="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_TIME="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_COLLATE="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_MONETARY="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_MESSAGES="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_PAPER="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_NAME="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_ADDRESS="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.utf8"
>> LC_ALL=en_US.utf8
>>
>> If starting inkscape, the whole GUI appears in German language!
>>
> I cannot reproduce this on x86_64. Is this when starting from a terminal
> window as well as from the application menu? Is your desktop itself in
> German or English?

English!

(Thinking of a situation where the terminals have the
> correct locale set but the graphical desktop has a different one)
>
> Does it affect any other application?

No, only inkscape. Addtionally, the OpenOffice.org language it set to
German (by myself - after having installed the DE language pack -setting
the language by the OO options menu). Is there any coherency?

--
Joachim Backes <joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de>

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes