F-14 Branched report: 20100923 changes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 18:21:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 07:01:16PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Is it really necessary to include entire package change logs in the
> rpm changelog? What is wrong with referencing either the included
> changelog or a URL to a changelog that people can go and reference. I
> remember this being discussed ages ago but I'm not sure if there was a
> packaging policy instigated.

There wasn't -- in general I don't like to pursue really stylistic stuff
like this as a guideline.  If you'd like to push a draft, though, the FPC
will consider it.

Rather than a guideline, Andrew, would you just consider summarising the
important changes for the rpm changelog from now on?

Thanks,
-Toshio