[Test-Announce] Fedora 14 Beta RC3 Available Now!

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Fri Sep 24 13:48:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 15:38 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 2010 04:27:21 -0700, Adam wrote:
>
> > Ah, I see. Sorry, I was a little tired; you said 'F14 RC3 i386 DVD iso
> > is broken',
>
> It was my summary/conclusion of the longer paragraph above it in
> the same mail.  :)
>
> > so I didn't quite grok that you were referring to a more
> > complex case than simply booting from the ISO. As you can see, we caught
> > 627789 but considered it not to be a blocker (hard disk install is a
> > Final release criterion).
>
> I'm not the QA guy here, and I don't want to estimate how popular
> the hard-disk install method is. I would not ship a Beta release with
> such a bug.

I replied in another thread.  I completed multiple positive test results
of the hard drive install test [1] from the Beta.  I need a bit more
information to understand how the test and your use case differ.  See
other thread for more details.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/InstallSourceHardDrive