F15 and GNOME 3

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:38:46 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 09:01 PM, JB wrote:

> "...
> Before we ask non-technical business end users to get lost and write some
> extensions to fix problems GNOME 3 delivered to them, there is still a hope
> that GNOME devs fix the menu systems themselves.
> It can be done by anchoring back the new GNOME 3 menu system (minus silly
> Activities and Windows, Application sub-menu items) on a fully functional
> panel. Bingo. I trust they can do that with one finger, right ? :-)

I don't accept that premise that non-technical business end users are
negatively impacted.  Those same end users are very well used to tablets
and smart phones and this interface is quite similar.  Anyway,  you are
free to push for whatever you want to.  I am just inclined to tell you,
it isn't likely to happen.

Rahul