F14 Sendmail hard of hearing

Jaroslav Skarvada jskarvad at redhat.com
Mon Apr 11 07:33:01 UTC 2011

---- Original Message -----
> On 04/08/2011 01:06 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
> > After upgrading to a 3 terabyte hard drive, I reinstalled
> > Fedora 14 and can't get Sendmail to listen on the usual
> > network interfaces. The usual trick of commenting out
> > the 127. line no longer was sufficient. I had to
> > ecplicitly give a port command in sendmail.mc:
> >
> > DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=70.89.176.169, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> Not sure what's going on -- perhaps more security updates to Sendmail
> upstream? -- but you should be able to use "0.0.0.0" to listen on all
> addresses, if that is what you were after...
>
> -Scott

AFAIK nothing important changed in sendmail in comparison to F13, changelog
f13-f14 follows

Jaroslav

Changelog:
* Thu Jul 08 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-9
- added license to milter subpackage according to new Licensing
  Guidelines

* Mon Jun 14 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-8
- all 'define' changed to 'global' in spec
- perl interpreter path fixup moved from 'install' to 'prep'

* Fri Jun 11 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-7
- silenced warning about non-existing config in {_libdir}/sasl2

* Tue Jun 08 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-6
- sasl2 config moved from {_libdir}/sasl2 to {_sysconfdir}/sasl2
- added libdb5 patch for building with libdb-5
- rebuilt with libdb-5

* Mon May 31 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-5
- fixed user/group creation

* Tue Mar 02 2010 Jaroslav Škarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> - 8.14.4-4
- used noreplace for sasl config
- used ghost instead of explicit provides
- deffattr changed to (-,root,root,-)