Release Criteria for image sizes

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Apr 11 18:08:11 UTC 2011

On Monday, April 11, 2011 11:11:21 AM Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 08:43:00 -0700,
>
>   Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Proposal: Alpha criteria stating:
> >
> > The network installation image, DVD image, and live images for supported
> > desktops[1] must meet current size requirements[2]
>
> I'm flexible on the exact milestone where we start enforcing this, but the
> proposal looks good.
I would say that it be a Beta Criteria.  I think at alpha if they are too big
oh well.  but beta should be much close to GA so should be within the size
limits. the srpms dvd is 5.3G for Alpha, it was 4.9G in F-14 and 4.2G in F-13.
and i honestly think that the source dvd should be excempt from the size
restrictions.  since you can not use it to install a system.

Dennis