F15 beta rc2 gnome and keyboard issues

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 19:21:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:19 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 8:05 PM, James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> If I go into system-settings and try to change region I can select
>>> English(UK) - and when I logout and back in that sticks - but whatever
>>> I do I cannot get a UK keyboard!
>>>
>>> I also looked for settings in gdm ahead of login to see if a UK
>>> keyboard option exists - and I can't find any -
>>>
>>> Does anyone know of a workaround at this stage?  Without a UK keyboard
>>> it is difficult to progress since many passwords use have other
>>> characters than A-Z/0-9 ....
>>
>> What is present in /etc/sysconfig/keyboard ?
>
> KEYTABLE="us"
> MODEL="pc105+inet"
> LAYOUT="us

The system crashed so the above was from booting the live image again
- this time I did not update the packages and the only yum change was
to yum install abrt-cli -

This is i686 - and abrt-cli with the keyboard crash is still running
(with a complaint about a certificate from an untrusted user....)

--
mike c