EFI install (F15 beta rc2)

Richard Ryniker ryniker at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 17 13:30:04 UTC 2011

>Partition table invalid or corrupt.

I saw this message from GRUB when I re-used a disk that had been part of
a software RAID array for a Fedora installation.  I do not recall now
whether fdisk or the Fedora installer wrote a new partition table, but
there were vestiges of the RAID format left on the disk that confused
GRUB, even though fdisk displayed the expected partition table.

I used parted to explore, and it reported the inconsistency.  Ultimately,
I zeroed the beginning of the disk, wrote my desired partition table, and
installation of Fedora then succeeded.

If you do not have a similar disk history, my experience may not explain
why you have this problem.