SoaSv5-20110415-i686 Testing

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 18:06:42 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-04-16 at 09:20 -0700, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> Soas-v5 testing version with fixes by pbrobinson. [1]
> Wiki Page [2]
> This is actually: x86-64 (mislabeled)
> Boots CD with "c" on power up of MacBook Pro i7
>    Requires USB Mouse or Trackpad and wired network (No wireless)
> Installs to VirtualBox4.0.4 OSX Correctly with "liveinst" in root terminal
> Tested on ACER ASPIRE ONE N45 and external DVD/CD USB drive
> starts at Name____
> Activities Tests:
> Key to preliminary tests:  &= does not start (+/-)=starts but not right
> Write 72
> Memorize 36
> (+/-) Etoys 116 error on start
> (+/-)Calculate 35  blank sub-menus
> Physics 8
> (+/-)Record 66 no sound
> Speak 20
> & Turtle Art 35
> IRC 9  slow starting  (needs to point to port 8001)
> (+/-)Pippy 40 cannot import name physics etc not all functions play
> (physics xolympics)'''
> Chat 70
> Log 24
> Abacus 19
> Terminal 31
> & Browse 120
>
> Sugar on a Stick 5 Fedora Release 15 (Lovelock) Sugar 0.92.1
> No Jabber  connections after restart to gdm login for live user; jabber
> is found and works????
> Network cannot connect to wireless  (sees wireless AP in F1
> neighborhood; but no drop down connect message)
> Ethernet works with cat 5 cable
>
> [1] http://fedora.roving-it.com/SoaSv5-20110415-i686.iso
> [2]
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/Distributions/Fedora-SoaS#SoaSv5-20110415-i686

This is really useful stuff, thanks! Can you file bugs for each issue
you hit? Some of them should be proposed as 'nice to have' for F15:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_nth_bug_process

i.e., mark the bugs as blocking the bug F15-accepted . That would
include the failure to connect to wireless networks, and any activities
which fail to launch or are rendered unusable by the bugs you saw.

Thanks again! I've been meaning to test Sugar for the desktop validation
tests this cycle but haven't got to it yet, so I'm glad someone did. You
can fill out your results at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test too, if
you like.