GNOME 3 Test Day coming

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 20:43:06 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Vitezslav Humpa <vhumpa at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Final of the three Fedora GNOME 3 test days is to be held this Thursday. We think that the current set of test cases covers most of the important functionality. However, should any of you guys think that something might still be missing (perhaps due to new functionalities added recently), or if you have any other ideas for something else you'd like to have tested, please, let me know and I will write them down as test cases and add them to the event.
>
> You can see the current list of tests here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-04-21_GNOME3_Final
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Vita Humpa
> Fedora QA

Hello Vita,

Is Gnome 3 targeted to be useful on small display netbooks? If so, it
might be good to have some QA test case that targets
usability/functionality on them.

I have noticed with mine that many dialog boxes are forced to have a
minimum vertical size that is greater than 600 pixels (the typical
vertical resolution for many netbooks) and that pushes many
Cancel/Apply buttons off screen with both built-in Gnome dialogs (like
many Gnome Settings) and external apps (like Disk Utility).

Otherwise, Gnome 3 seems quite ideal for netbooks.

/Mike