Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Angel linux463291 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:01:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:42 PM, Andre Robatino
<robatino at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> I don't understand why as long as there's unused vertical space, the user
> menu
> can't just be made longer, and the menu items the devs consider bad (like
> "Power
> Off...") put at the bottom. Anyone who doesn't use them isn't affected at
> all,
> anyone who does just moves the mouse pointer down another half-inch to
> reach
> them, and everyone should be happy. If someone doesn't like long menus,
> they
> could install an extension to shorten it (instead of the other way around).

I think, the devs wanted to create something which is completely new and
different than other old DE/OS behaves. Lets think about Mac OS X, from the
beginning they have many things different than Linux DE (infact different
from Windows too), for example the close minimize maximize button is in the
left side of the title bar, and the global menu, the mac dock etc, none of
these are available in any DE's default installation (but yes, you can
customize of course). So I guess, GNOME devs wanted to create something like
this, which is totally different than others.

--
Angel
Give me Linux.. ..or give me death