Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Sat Apr 23 17:00:20 UTC 2011

> On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 00:33 -0400, Jon Masters wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-04-22 at 19:53 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > > It's only people who are coming from an existing desktop
> >
> > This happens to be most users, whether GNOME 2, Windows, or OS X. There
> > is *one* way computers work for most people, and it involves panels in
> > certain locations that work in certain ways.
>
> Please take context into account when replying. I was replying
> specifically to a statement about GNOME 3's suitability for new users.

Sure. I get that. I'm just saying it's only "suitable" (in terms of
getting into it easily) for totally new computer users. Anyone who is
already used to using any other kind of environment will have a steep
learning curve, and many will shy away as a result. There's a reason
GNOME and KDE were popular with Windows refugees.

Anyway. It's not the right list. I'll leave it at that.

Jon.