GNOME 3 != KDE 4 (was Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...)

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:09:11 UTC 2011

On 04/24/2011 09:52 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> some folks wanted kde 3.5.X back, and Fedora would not go back and put in Kde 3.5.x --->  i don't see Fedora putting Gnome 2.3X back just because people want it or miss some features

You make a good point that from Fedora's point of view, the transitions
are similar.  (I.e. Fedora isn't going back no matter how much people
complain.)

I was actually talking about GNOME 3 and KDE 4 more generally.  As I
said, not really on-topic for this list.

As a KDE user, I fully support Fedora's transition to GNOME 3.  After
the pain that KDE users experienced, it seems only fair.