GNOME 3 != KDE 4 (was Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 26 19:16:03 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 18:32 +0100, mike cloaked wrote:

> If some users switch to KDE again they might then be disinclined to
> return to Gnome3 for some time?
>
> It will certainly be interesting to see the chatter here in the weeks
> following GA!

Maybe. Would that be terrible? No. I think it was probably good for both
KDE and GNOME in the long run that the KDE 4 switch caused some people
to shift to GNOME (sometimes temporarily), and if GNOME 3 causes some
people to shift to KDE (possibly temporarily), I don't think that's
necessarily bad either. A bit of a shake-up tends to lead to interesting
things for all parties.