Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 20:38:09 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 01:58 AM, JB wrote:
> I have a proposal to GNOME project and to Red Hat/Fedora as well.
>
> Let's take the best from GNOME 2, its GUI, and put it on top of GNOME 3
> infrastructure (without GNOME 3 Shell).
> They can release the new product as GNOME 3 Classic.

Proposals are not very useful unless there are people willing to put in
the effort.  Apparently noone is. .  Use GNOME Shell for a while and if
you don't like it and can't live with fallback mode,  try out other
desktop environments.   That's a far more practical decision than trying
to revive a EOL'ed desktop version.

Rahul