Cannot login to F15 without nomodeset

Per Bothner per at bothner.com
Wed Apr 27 06:45:11 UTC 2011

On 04/26/2011 11:22 PM, Manilal K M wrote:
> Hello all,
>    I have upgraded my desktop to Fedora 15 through YUM. The machine
> boots fine, but after starting all the services it hangs with a blue
> screen and the login screen doesn't appear.

I ran into some similar problems.  I don't remember exactly what
I did (lot of back and forth and futzing with systemd levels,
among other things), but there were definitely some SELinux problems.
(If you see GoogleChrome crashing, it's probably SELinux.)
Not sure how to get the SELinux alert browser in text mode.

(I'm still having problems with symlinks from /var/www/html
into /home.  The fix that worked on F13 and F14 no longer works,
and the SeLinux Alert Browser isn't as helpful as it used to be.)
--
	--Per Bothner