Sample items and configurations to test updates

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 12:42:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 22:48 -0400, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> Watching the latest updates in Fedora, there have been many items (libtiff,
> wireshark, asterisk, etc.) which I know how to use, but I am somewhat
> hesitant to test since they require having a lot of sample files,
> configurations, and (in the case of things like Asterisk) other systems to
> talk to.
>
> And while Bugzilla often tells us the exact format(s) and protocol(s) fixed
> by a release, the particular items needed to test it are hard to predict in
> advance.
>
> Does the Fedora test team or a related project have a library of
> configuration and test files of various types which may be downloaded for
> testing purposes?  If not perhaps we should create one.  Making setups and
> sample items on the fly using software other than that under test can take
> me a lot of time.

Not that I'm aware of, but if you come across any, it seems
straightforward to add these to the wiki as test cases (with file(s)
attached).  If placed in the proper category (e.g.
Category:Package_asterisk_test_cases]]), the test cases will be
presented in the bodhi update as sample tests to run.

Thanks,
James