Well, I've tried GNOME 3 now...

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:29:26 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 10:15 AM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Sure but compared to all the rants about KDE 4.0 during its launch,
> there isn't much talk about the fork. I have a alert set on media
> reports on it and there has barely been any.  Probably it has as much
> users as Fluxbox.  Reasonably successful but isn't competing with KDE
> 4.x in any way.

I imagine that Trinity would have gotten a ton of traction if it had
been available (or more widely known, if it was available) during the
"early days" of KDE 4.

>From my perspective, KDE 4 reached feature parity with 3.5 when KDE
4.4 brought back the middle-click window list.  Others will obviously
have different perspectives, but most KDE 3.5 "refugees" with whom I've
spoken seem to have become fairly satisfied with KDE 4 around that time.

KDE 4.4 was released in February, 2010, 2 months before Trinity's first
release.