[Test-Announce] GNOME 3 Test Day #3 recap

Vitezslav Humpa vhumpa at redhat.com
Wed Apr 27 17:33:37 UTC 2011

The final of the three Fedora 15 GNOME 3 Test Days took place on
2011-04-21.

It drew 23 testers which is little more than previously, while less
original bugs were reported this time - a fact connected to some great
work developers did on GNOME in recent months. Also this time the
final 3.0 packages were included in the Test Day and everybody who
attended the first one could see the difference.

Most bugs were again reported into Fedora bugzilla and a couple in the
GNOME bugzilla. Bugs relate to all parts of gnome-shell and are mostly
centred around standing issues like multi-head configurations etc.

Here is the list of original bugs. As most have already been triaged,
pre-existing bugs and duplicates are not listed.

Fedora bugzilla:

680147 NEW  - gnome control-center and gnome-user-share crash on
manually created account
698148 NEW  - [abrt] empathy-3.0.0-1.fc15: Process
/usr/bin/empathy-accounts was killed by signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
698807 NEW  - Icon disappears when I try to connect to hidden network
699359 NEW  - Firefox doesn't respect the desktop's default URI
handlers in GNOME 3
695227 NEW  - Notification Area and Window Cursor Boundary on Dual Head
Systems.
698817 NEW  - Icon disappears when trying to rearrange on the dash
699422 NEW  - There is a non-empty Other category in the Applications
menu in the GNOME3 test day Live Image
698711 NEW  - Generic video multihead test failure
699023 NEW  - Adding small files fails
698556 NEW  - Bluetooth can't find any device
698244 ASSIGNED  - app icon exposed in gnome-shell is fuzzy
695222 CLOSED UPSTREAM - Inconsistent Behaviour Changing Virtual
Desktops on Dual Head Systems | OLDER
698585 CLOSED UPSTREAM - Some dragged applications do not work in the
Corresponding workspace
698698 CLOSED UPSTREAM - 12/24 time format doesn't get updated on panel
when changed in control center

GNOME bugzilla:

648556 UNCONFIRMED - Date and Time application doesn't correctly
control the ntpd service
648599 NEEDINFO - System Info -> Default Applications doesn't remember
the changes

As this was the last of the GNOME Test Days, we want to say thanks
to ALL these community members who gave some of their free time and
helped:

Chuck Anderson
Alberto Bonacina
Horst H. von Brand
Mathieu Bridon
Tilmann Bubeck
Pavol Celuch
Mike Cloaked
Stéphane Démurget
Adam M Dutko
Miguel Zúñiga González
Andre Groetzsch
Jóhann B. Guðmundsson
Amir Hedayaty
Michal Hriň
Tadej Janež
Iván Jiménez
Walter Justen
Felix Kaechele
Nicolas Kaiser
Yulia Kopkova
Tim Lauridsen
Antonio Lima
Athmane Madjoudj
Marcus Moeller
Marcus Nitzschke
Scott Olson
Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Armin Preiml
Andre Robatino
Gerard Ryan
Michel Salim
Reinout van Schouwen
Misha Shnurapet
Filip Slunecko
Nathan Thomas
Luigi Votta
John Watzke
Pavel Zhukov

and all the others that I might have failed to put in this list!

GNOME Test Days are over now, but we can still use your help with
Cloud SIG Test Day tomorrow and following QA events tied to
exciting process of final release: desktop and installation
testing of the Final RC's in about two weeks.

Thanks!
--
Vita Humpa
Fedora QA