gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu installed by default?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:35:59 UTC 2011

On 08/08/2011 08:46 AM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> I'm considering filing a bug for gnome-shell-extensions-alternative-status-menu
> to be included in a default installation, considering that most users, including
> myself, seem to prefer having a "Power Off..." option (without having to use the
> Alt key), and I haven't seen anyone other than the Gnome devs object to the
> idea. Would this be feasible?

Each SIG is responsible for it's own spin so to get this included you
need to bring this up on the Desktop list and the people that are
responsible for the Desktop spins are the Gnome developers thus I would
say if they rejected this in the first place they will reject this again.

The only option I see for people that want to use desktop extension like
the one you mention and frippery etc is to create their own spin and
maintain it.

Should not require more work than going through the spin process.

So basically just go through the process duplicate the ks file for the
live desktop and add to it the extension

JBG