f16 installer message

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 19:54:29 UTC 2011

So, when installing f16 alpha (the RC just released today) on
a KVM virtual machine from the 64 bit DVD iso image, I did
a normal custom partitioning with a swap and a ext4 /
partition on a branch new qcow2 20G disk image.

When it reached the partitioning stage, I got a popup
with this message:

  You are using a GPT bootdisk on a non-EFI system without a
  BIOS boot partition. This may not work, depending on your
  BIOS's support for booting from GPT disks.

Absolutely no one here has a clue what any of this means :-).

P.S. I continued the install to see what would happen and
the KVM console says "Booting from hard disk..." and sits
there like a lump at that point.