f16 installer message

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 20:06:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 03:54:29PM -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:

>   You are using a GPT bootdisk on a non-EFI system without a
>   BIOS boot partition. This may not work, depending on your
>   BIOS's support for booting from GPT disks.
>
> Absolutely no one here has a clue what any of this means :-).

This will, hopefully, be documented.

Thanks for proving a point I made on the forums.  I mentioned that I
found the message to be somewhat obscure.

It means you have to let it create a 1 or 2 MB BIOS slice or it won't
work.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: The quick draw is about more than speed. It's also
about pointing the stake the right way. And there can be splinter
issues.