random idea: QA group identi.ca account

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:50:55 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 06:51 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> hey, everyone. just firing this off before I forget about it: I don't
> use any microblogging crap, but it seems like quite a lot of people do,
> and I thought an 'official' Fedora QA microblog account (fedora-qa on
> identi.ca, was my thought, with an automatic mirror or whatever it's
> called to #fedora-qa on twitter) might be a good idea - we could use it
> to fire off a quick note whenever an event like a test day or new test
> image happened. does anyone think this is a good idea? if so, how should
> we set up access to it? I don't know if we can set things up so that
> anyone in a given fas group can post to an identi.ca account or if we'd
> have to be more dumb about it...ideas welcome!

I personally don't blog et al thou often asked to start doing so nor am
I one of the 90% of the planet that tweet into /dev/null.

I sometimes post some random jibber jabber on FB which is as close to
(micro)blogging as I get.

 From my perspective I think marketing team should handle all frontier
stuff ( or a single person ) from us and we just deliver content to that
team ( or that person ) and they put it into people speak and sprinkle
some of that marketing dust over it.

I dont think getting the whole QA community to tweet post on identica fb
and what not is a great idea.

Oh btw arent you supposed to be our public relation aka front man ;)

JBG