random idea: QA group identi.ca account

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 21:25:37 UTC 2011

On 02/02/2011 09:00 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 20:50 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>
>>    From my perspective I think marketing team should handle all frontier
>> stuff ( or a single person ) from us and we just deliver content to that
>> team ( or that person ) and they put it into people speak and sprinkle
>> some of that marketing dust over it.
> my thought there is that some people may want to get news from some
> fedora teams but not all. We could just have a central fedora microblog
> account (maybe we already do, I don't know), but it would have to only
> post really big news from any particular team, or else it'd just be too
> much and people would be overwhelmed with things they don't care about.
> A team specific account would let us post slightly smaller news and be
> confident it was going out to people who were interested. same reason we
> don't just have one big Fedora mailing list :)

Ah I think you misunderstood me a bit here what I was proposing was that
marketing team has the necessary access and handles all the publishing
stuff through the QA channels but any QA community member can give them
content/drafts they review/rewrite to marketing standards then publish
for us through those channels although I'm not sure which service the
marketing team offers other community's within the project.

>> I dont think getting the whole QA community to tweet post on identica fb
>> and what not is a great idea.
>>
>> Oh btw arent you supposed to be our public relation aka front man ;)
> well sure, but I'm trying to solve the 'bus' issue here - I could just
> set up an account which only I had access to and say 'hey, here it is'
> but that's not very community-friendly and doesn't work well if I get
> run over by a bus tomorrow :)

What I mentioned above would solve your issues with buses ;)

JBG