Yum distro-sync makes more problems than solves

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 11 22:46:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 23:33:38 +0100,
  Adam Pribyl <pribyl at lowlevel.cz> wrote:

> I absolutely agree here, as one of such updates ended up for me with half
> packages updated, while the rest un-updated, resulting in malfunctioning
> system due to one unsolvable dependency problem, which I finaly solved by
> removig some problematic package. The dependency problems should be solved
> by hand before "mass update" as --skip-broken is not a solution.

I update using yum update and run across issues in the same vein. If you see
these consider filing a bug. People sometimes forget to add obsoletes or
accidentally get it wrong. If these things get fixed in rawhide before
the release it can make things easier on the people that do this after
the release.