[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Alpha TC2 Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 15 16:37:13 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 08:44 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 02/15/2011 08:24 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > probably another for cases of fallback failing on cards where
> > we don't expect GNOME Shell to work.
>
> I'm pretty sure this one needs to be wikified and stuffed into release
> notes and what not.
>
> Do you have this list handy somewhere?
>
> If so you can mail it to me and I can mockup a wikipage for it..

GNOME's fallback mechanism is too specific a thing to put in the
criteria. The criterion that covers it would be:

"In most cases, the installed system must boot to a functional graphical
environment without user intervention (see Blocker_Bug_FAQ) "

Obviously, when GNOME's fallback mechanism fails, that criterion is not
satisfied. If we have enough cases of that being broken, then we trigger
the 'in most cases' clause, and say the criterion is generally not met
by the release.