cannot boot beyond runlevel 1

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 2 23:37:34 UTC 2011

On 2011/01/02 15:25 (GMT-0700) Michal Jaegermann composed:

> On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 04:53:49PM -0500, Felix Miata wrote:

>> How & when do I get into interactive startup,

> See the previous replies but remember to put "3" into a boot line
> instead of "rhgb quiet".

To be clear, as I alluded to in my previous replies, none of my (100+) OS
installations has rhgb or quiet on any kernel line in any stanza I ever use,
while nearly every kernel line among Grub stanzas contains a 3. I detest
obfuscatory GUI startup. I read every word you wrote, and asked again only
because I have no idea why it never shows up, other than maybe it's that
illegible blue text I do notice, or it's getting lost among the screen
clearing that occurs more than once during each boot. Should I just hold down
the I key as soon as anything shows up on screen? If not, what landmarks
among messages should I wait for? I tried random times, but I get either
nothing at all, or just streams of iiiiiiii or IIIIIIII.
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/