cannot boot beyond runlevel 1

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 00:59:25 UTC 2011

On 2011/01/02 19:43 (GMT-0500) Felix Miata composed:

> Shouldn't there be something in there starting gettys, like a fbset? RPM
> query found no installed fbset package, but yum install fbset (2.1.29.fc12
> ???) didn't add anything to /etc/rc3.d/, or help anything I could tell.

Yum install fbterm directfb not only didn't help, kernel segfaults shortly
after boot starts.

I'd now try a fresh install, but there are no Rawhide installation files on
the mirrors that I can find except in development/14/ dated 29 October.
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/