config date

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 3 23:43:35 UTC 2011

On 2011/01/03 18:33 (GMT-0500) Paolo Galtieri composed:

> On 01/03/11 18:55, Felix Miata wrote:

>>  Is there another cmdline date configuration tool? system-config-date seems to
>>  require X (depends on gnome-python2-canvas; RuntimeError: could not open
>>  display), which ATM will not start on my system, while each boot corrupts the
>>  time in the amount of the TZ offset.

> you can use the date command.

As it stands now I must do that every boot, which is what I don't want to
keep needing to do.

	set date != config date

> Usage: date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT]
>     or:  date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]]
> Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date.

What cmdline (not GUI) tool is used to config(ure) ntpd (aka "config date")?
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/