[Fedora QA] #155: F15 GNOME 3 Test Days

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 20 21:16:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-01-20 at 14:20 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 19:34:26 -0000,
>   Fedora QA <trac at fedorahosted.org> wrote:
> >
> >  I've created the page for the first test day:
> >
> >  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2011-02-03_GNOME3_Alpha
> >
> >  for now I just stuck in some of the desktop validation tests as test
> >  cases. Some of the others don't really apply to a GNOME 3-specific test
> >  day exactly, and some need re-writing before we can include them. We'll
> >  need to add test cases for things we want to test which aren't part of the
> >  desktop validation suite. I'll be mining upstream website and emails for
> >  topics. Contributions of test cases welcome!
>
> Is this going to cover regessions for people that still want to run metacity?

We will cover automated fallback on systems which aren't capable of
Shell. Whether there's going to be a manual option to choose the
fallback GNOME interface on systems which *are* capable of Shell is a
policy decision, not a QA issue. If desktop team decides to implement
such a mechanism, we'll test it.