What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 24 19:00:45 UTC 2011

Am Montag, den 24.01.2011, 09:13 -0500 schrieb Matthias Clasen:
> On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 17:17 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> > Glad to hear that, but it's not really a solution. In the past we had to
> > reduce the number of applications with every release because the
> > dependency footprint became worse and worse. Now we cannot even ship
> > gnumeric in the Xfce spin any longer. I am pretty sure our users don't
> > want us to spend the new space with an additional desktop they cannot /
> > don't want use.
>
> The only way to avoid this continuing slide is to find somebody who is
> willing to work on language packs.

What language packs? AFAICS it's mostly input methods and I'm afraid we
cannot exclude people here. Therefor cutting the dependency bload
becomes more important. If you look at the depchain tracker you will see
that some of the deps are not serving any purpose and are just wrong.
I'd appreciate if people looked at the bugs we file.

Regards,
Christoph