What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 08:34:33 UTC 2011

Dne 25.1.2011 07:59, Adam Williamson napsal(a):
> But it doesn't make any sense. gnome-panel does *not* require
> gnome-shell. We really shouldn't just go around abusing dependencies to
> make upgrades 'work', even if it is convenient.

I would suggest just to give up. Dependencies in RPM packages in Fedora
haven't meant anything for a long time already. Improvements are ignored
(am I allowed to say Suggests/Recommends here?), bugs against broken
dependencies WONTFIXed or ignored as well (try to run Rawhide and
upgrade just some packages and do it repeatedly for a long time ... you
will collect a lot of nice WONTFIXes).

They mean only whatever form of abuse anybody treats them to currently.

Matěj