What has happened to desktop icons in rawhide?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 11:19:23 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 04:11 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> this exact reason. Another classic example of this is updates to
> openoffice. There have been 10 updates @ 200Mb odd MB each for oo.o
> since the release of F-14 for such critical bugs as "background isn't
> transparent" [1] surely these could be bundled together once a month
> or so (I thought there was suppose to be a policy about this but I
> can't find it).

There isn't any such policy suggesting or requiring bundling of bug
fixes and trying to mandate it via policy doesn't really seem
feasible.   We could talk to the maintainers in question and understand
what happened first before trying to stop it.  If it isn't a one off
problem, then it makes sense to discuss it in the broader context.

Rahul